Global Wellness Day 2022
Global Wellness Day
When – 11th June 2022
Global Wellness Day is a not-for-profit social platform
Originally launched in 2012, the non-profit event founded by Belgin Aksoy encourages people all over the world to champion the power of wellness.
Belgin Aksoy received her degree from the Institute Hotelier Cesar Ritz in Switzerland. She has been in the tourism and hotel industry for 25 years. Her mission is to create a physically, mentally and spiritually better world for years to come.
17 years ago, personal health issues coincided with a career change, and wellness became the core of her life with the opening of Richmond Nua Wellness-Spa. It was Turkey’s first destination spa and continues to be acclaimed as one of Europe’s best-equipped and most award-winning spas.
#ThinkMagenta is the theme for Global Wellness Day 2022. It is an idea that rises amidst the negativity in the world. A reminder with a positive effect on life.
The main aims of the day are:
- To recognise the value of our lives
- To pause and think, even if for just one day of the year
- To be free from the stress of everyday life and bad habits
- To make peace with ourselves
- To raise awareness about living well and increase motivation, not just for today, but for the remaining 364 days of the year
The GWD team has compiled a set of suggestions that encourages everyone to think positively. Small recommendations that can make a substantial difference in everyone’s daily life;
- Walk for an hour
- Drink more water
- Don’t use plastic bottles
- Eat healthy
- Do a good deed
- Have a family dinner with loved ones
- Sleep at 10pm
- Use the right words
- Simplify your life
- Be open to different experiences
- Share goodness
Even though GWD is only one day that inspires people to live well, it promotes a philosophy that spans the whole year. In 2022, we desperately need the spirit of GWD and we’re here to change the way people think. Quite simply… #ThinkMagenta.
For more information – https://www.globalwellnessday.org